October 21, 2023
Fees are charged for the recycling of certain items
Tox-Away Day by the Hendricks County Recycling District
Saturday, October 21, 2023
Tox-Away Days are collection events where Hendricks County households can properly dispose of chemicals, fluids, bulbs, batteries, tanks, medicines, medical sharps, tires, electronics, appliances, and more. A more complete list of the items and materials accepted is below.
The following should not be brought to Tox-Away Days:
- Water-based paints (dry it up and throw it out, here’s how)
- Documents to shred (we do not offer shredding services at Tox-Away Days)
- Heavy trash items (furniture, mattresses, construction material, etc.)
- Traditional recyclables (bottles, cans, plastics, paper, cardboard, etc.)
- Asbestos, lab chemicals, explosives, ammunition, firearms, radioactive material, or infectious material
Restrictions: Only residents of Hendricks County are allowed to use the District’s Tox-Away Day events. Regulations prohibit hazardous wastes from other organizations (businesses, churches, schools, non-profits, etc.) from being accepted. Please contact us if you have questions about your eligibility to participate in a Tox-Away Day event.
Fees are charged for the recycling of certain items (see below). Payment can only be made using cash or check.