The Town of Brownsburg Parks is seeking a individuals to work part-time in our B.A.S.E. program. This position is responsible for the health and welfare of children through daily enrichment and academic activities. The starting wage is $11 - $14 /Hour depending on qualifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains the mission, expectations, and stated guidelines for B.A.S.E. program.
- Ensures compliance with laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures related to recreation programs; recommends or initiates actions to correct deviations or violations.
- Assumes responsibility for the health and welfare of children including supervising assigned aspects of the program; enforces applicable rules and regulations with program participants.
- Ensures adherence to established safety procedures; monitors work environment and safety equipment and escalates concerns to supervisor as appropriate.
- Assists Site Manager in a variety of activities including planning and preparing site-specific needs, reviewing inventory levels, and ordering new or replacement materials.
- Plans and facilitates awareness and enrichment activities according to program outline.
- Assists K-5 students with homework and academic activities.
- Tracks and organizes site-specific student records, schedules, and payments.
- Handles discipline cases involving program participants and escalates situations to supervisor as appropriate.
- Assists in distribution of promotional materials including seasonal brochures, flyers, posters, advertisements, and news releases.
- Distributes program information, special events, program fees, and related policies and procedures to public.
- Answers and responds to telephone calls and other communications and escalates situations to supervisor as appropriate.
- Submits reports as requested.
View the full job description and apply online.